It is crucial to the health of your skin and the success of your hair removal that these guidelines be followed:
Patients should NOT be treated with the following:
- Active cold sores or warts
- Open wounds or lesions
- Excessively sensitive skin
- Dermatitis, Psoriasis or Eczema
- Untreated skin cancer in treatment site
- Recent surgery in treatment site
- Recent permanent makeup in treatment site
- Rashes, allergies or sensitive skin reactions
- Accutane use in the past 12 months
- Radiation or chemotherapy in the past 12months
Pre Treatment Recommendations:
2 weeks before your treatment avoid:
- Electrolysis, waxing, depilatory creams
- Laser or IPL treatments
- Chemical peel or microdermabrasiontreatments
- Retin-A, Renova, Differin, Tazorac
- Products containing, Retinol, AHA, BHA or Benzoyl Peroxide
- Exfoliating products that may be drying orirritating
- Sun exposure or sunburn
Post Treatment Recommendations:
To ensure maximum comfort and benefit after the treatment, it is important to follow the steps below at home:
- Avoid applying heat to the waxed area for 12 to 24 hours. This includ
es hot baths, sauna, and steam.
- Use an anti-acne lotion for face, back and chest following the treatment and twice a day until breakouts are gone. Use only an anti-acne product recommended by your skin care professional.
- Avoid suntanning for 12 to 24 hours. This includes any strong ultraviolet (UV) light exposure or tanning bed treatments.
- Avoid applying highly fragranced products to the waxed area. This includes, perfume, scented body lotions, anti-perspirants, cosmetics, or feminine hygiene sprays. Only use professional products, recommended to you by the skin care therapist who performed the waxing service.
- Avoid using harsh abrasive or exfoliates in the waxed area. However if you are prone to in-grown hairs, the day after your waxing treatment, exfoliate newly waxed area with a loofah to avoid future problems.
- Avoid applying high SPF sunblocks to the waxed area for 12-24 hours after the waxing service.
Sunscreen chemicals can be irritating to the newly waxed skin. This includes self-tanning products and tan accelerators.
For best results, repeat your professional waxing every 4 to 6 week
s depending on the area and your individual hair growth rate.
If you have any questions about your waxing service or after care at home, please do not hesitate to contact one of waxing specialists.