Fake Bake gives an instant sun-kissed color and develops into a long lasting sunless fake tan by combining naturally derived tanning agents DHA and Erythulose guaranteeing longer lasting (up to 50% longer), more natural-looking results. Fake Bake has developed botanical ingredients to remove parabens and artificial preservatives. Our spray tans offer added benefits like anti aging, anti cellulite and anti oxidants. Fake Bake has become the choice of beauty experts and celebrities alike.
Step 1 – Prepare Your Skin
- We recommend the first step you take is to use an exfoliator to gently remove flaking, or dead skin cells, to help create a longer lasting tan – remember your tan fades as your skin sheds. If you remove loose skin cells, the remaining ones will not wear off as quickly. Fake Bake ‘polishes’ skin without lacerating or damaging the surface of newly exposed layers.
- Do not use any other self tanning products one week before application.
- Wax or shave prior to treatment.
- On the day of your Fake Bake application DO NOT wear any makeup, deodorant, perfume, body oils or lotions as these may react with the tanning agents in Fake Bake.
Step 2 – Spray Tan Application
The professional spray tan application is the fastest (typically 15 minute treatment) and most convenient way to enjoy a Fake Bake application in a spa. The treatment is provided by a qualified professional. The tan is applied to your skin as a mist via a spray gun used by one of our technicians. She can tailor your tan to your specific requirements or for a particular occasion. You will be provided with a disposable thong. You may wear your own bikini or under garments, however they could be discolored during the application, but will wash out in the laundry.
Immediately after your application:
- Wear loose clothing
- Keep skin completely dry and avoid water contact
- Do not apply any products over the developing tan
- Allow tan to develop for at least 6/8 hours (overnight if possible)
- Avoid other beauty/hair treatments while tan is developing
- Avoid activities that make you perspire
- Avoid drinking hot beverages as they can strip color from around your mouth. Toothpaste can also strip color while your tan develops.
Step 3 - Maintain your Spray Tan
After your tan has developed:
- Rinse off remaining color with warm/hot water in the shower. Once the water runs clear gently wash your-self with a mild soap.
- Avoid products that contain alpha hydroxy acids (AHA’s) as they can strip color.
- Avoid swimming pools; chlorine will prematurely fade your tan.
To prolong your Fake Bake tan, make sure you keep your skin well moisturized.